Taking collective responsibility
Responsibility through sustainable management
For us, sustainable management means acting and growing in both ecological and economical terms. Four examples of this:
- Vehicles at LKW WALTER have been doing round trips since the 1950s. This allows us to reduce empty mileage and increase economic efficiency.
- Since 1984 we have combined transport by road, rail and ship in Combined Transport. For this reason we are one of the top environmentally-friendly transport companies in Europe.
- At LKW WALTER, health and environment as well as security and quality have been important pillars of our integrated SHEQ management (Safety/Security - Health - Environment - Quality) since 1990.
- Since the beginning of the 2000s, CONTAINEX has not only guaranteed high product quality with certified production plants. We also attach great importance to the energy-efficient construction of the containers, the use of recyclable materials, environmentally-friendly production processes and the recycling of discarded products.
So you can assume you'll be working in an economically healthy and environmentally conscious company. But not only that.
Responsibility for people and society
Since the company was founded, the WALTER GROUP has been involved on a social level far beyond the legal obligations. Specifically, this means:
- We want our employees to feel comfortable. We promote a healthy lifestyle and support sports and fitness activities.
- We maintain an open dialogue with customers, suppliers, authorities and with the society.
- We support humanitarian aid projects as well as social initiatives of our employees both financially and through donations in kind and personal work.
- A particular concern is the promotion of educational projects in schools and universities.
So if you want to not only go your own way in terms of career but also in terms of sustainability, the only thing we can recommend is: Go Green. Go WALTER!