Data privacy notice
WALTER GROUP is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is sufficiently protected and complies with all statutory provisions regarding protection, lawful handling and privacy of personal data as well as data security.
The following statements are general and cover all data processing operations within the WALTER GROUP comprehensively. This means that the following statements will only partially apply to you.
We process personal data primarily for the following purposes:
- Processing offers and enquiries to us, e.g. by (potential) transport partners, by persons who want to commission transports, deliveries, orders or the like or are otherwise looking for a collaboration
- Contract negotiations and offer/contract preparation
- Assessment of suitability as a contractual partner, e.g. credit checks on potential customers, suppliers, etc.
- Handling our contractual and business relationships, e.g. execution of transports (scheduling) and deliveries, fulfillment of inventory and leasing contracts, accounting, dunning, handling complaints and claims, quality management, processing our purchasing, optimisation of our services through the use of business applications (e.g. transport monitoring, portals, etc.).
- Customer relationship, i.e. sending information, newsletters, offers and advertising material, ongoing customer support, organising events etc.
- Provision and administration of insurance, handling of claims
- Fleet Management: Maintenance and servicing of our vehicles
- Product development
- Management of affiliated companies
- Operation of the IT infrastructure, e.g. ensuring the security, the current state of the technology, maintenance, etc.
- Provision of the websites: Improving and developing websites, creating usage statistics, identifying, preventing and investigating attacks on the websites, etc.
- from yourself: e.g. in enquiries to us, in the initiation of contracts, in the context of fulfilling contracts concluded with us
- from affiliated companies within the WALTER GROUP
- from third parties e.g. from transport partners or customers for order processing
- from publicly available sources, e.g. commercial register, land register, edict file, register of associations, trade register
- from your web browser (automatically) when visiting our websites according to the settings you have chosen
We receive personal data
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, business relationships with us will not be possible if the necessary personal data is not available to us. In the same way, we can't guarantee all the functions of our websites if you do not provide the necessary personal data.
- Name data, e.g. first name, surname, username, etc.
- Personal data, e.g. age, gender, date of birth, nationality, role within the company, ID copies, etc.
- Contact data, e.g. address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.
- Identification data, e.g. personal ID card number, passport number, customer number, etc.
- Bank data, e.g. account number, information on creditworthiness, etc.
- Official data, e.g. reference number, tax number, attachment of salary, tenant pass (Germany)
- Vehicle data, e.g. vehicle number, chassis number, engine number, registration plate, registration certificate, fuel card, forklift licence information, etc.
- Image files and video recordings
- IT usage data, e.g. connection data, logging information, access information, IP address, referrer, usernames for externally accessible systems, etc.
- Website usage data: date and time of request, IP address, name and version of the web browser, certain cookies, etc.
- Information on the behaviour of persons, e.g. notes on response behaviour and reminders, correspondence and explanations of ongoing surveys, etc.
- Racial/ethnic origin, e.g. birthplace on ID cards, etc.
- Location data, e.g. GPS data, time stamp for GPS signal, location data (latitude and longitude), etc.
Legal bases for our processing of your data are:
- Contract fulfillment and implementation of pre-contractual measures (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (b) GDPR), e.g. when we organise the smooth processing of transports and deliveries, process complaints and damage reports, create invoices, operate quality management, prepare offers, process and respond to your enquiries, etc.
- Our overriding legitimate interest (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (f) GDPR), e.g. when we provide you with tailored information and offers, unless consent is required: our data processing in the context of prosecution, forwarding driver data, if this is necessary for the handling of the transport and there is no direct contact with the driver, processing of data that is necessary for the functions of our websites, etc.
- Legal obligations (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (c) GDPR) e.g. tax obligations, obligations according to road traffic regulations, motor vehicles act, administrative penal law, administrative procedure act, money laundering regulations, etc.
- As far as none of the aforementioned legal bases exist, our data processing is based on your consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 (a) GDPR. You, of course, have the right to revoke your consent at any time. However, the revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent until the revocation (i.e. the revocation does not affect the past).
For the aforementioned reasons we may forward your personal data to the following recipients:
- Companies that are part of our group as well as their employees
- Third parties employed by us, e.g. IT service providers, print service providers, data centres, hosting, software and service providers e.g. for sending newsletters, service providers in the area of claims settlement and loss adjustment (insurances and insurance partners), property management, lawyers, tax advisers, notaries, auditors, etc.
- Persons in a business relationship with us, e.g. transport partners, suppliers, trade partners, etc.
- Public bodies, e.g. customs offices, Federal Ministry of the Interior, embassies, district authorities, etc.
In some cases, data is also forwarded to recipients outside Austria and, in exceptional cases, to non-secure third countries. In this case, however, we ensure that suitable privacy safeguards are in place, e.g. through binding intra-corporate data protection regulations or EU standard data protection clauses.
Most of the cookies on our websites are so-called session or temporary cookies. They are automatically deleted when you leave the website. In addition, we use persistent cookies, which remain stored on the hard drive. However, these can be manually deleted in your browser. Otherwise, these cookies last between 1 month and 10 years. We use these persistent cookies to recognise you when you next visit our website in order to make the website more comfortable for you to use and to adapt the website to your requirements in the best possible way.
Cookies do not contain personal data. Only pseydonymous data is collected under a user ID, e.g. which pages the user has viewed, which content he searched for etc. WALTER GROUP never merges pseudonymous data with the personal data of the user.
You can actively consent to the storage of cookies over and above a technically required extent when visiting our websites. You also have the option to enable or disable the storage of only certain types of cookies. If you want to adjust your cookie settings at a later date you can do so in the cookie settings at any time.
You can also control cookies on your computer by selecting your browser settings to get a notification when a website wants to store cookies. You can also block or delete cookies if they are already stored on your computer.
However, disabling, blocking or deleting cookies may affect your online experience and prevent you from fully using our websites.
Our websites use the option offered by Google Analytics for IP anonymisation. This means that the IP address of the user is being shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the websites, compile reports about website activity and to provide us with other services relating to website and internet usage. The IP address provided by the user's browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other Google data.
You can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and relating to use of the website (including your IP address) to Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Alternatively, you can prevent the use of Google Analytics by disabling statistics cookies in the cookie settings.
You can opt out of Google Re-Marketing in Google Ads Preference Manager or edit your settings.
Alternatively, you can prevent the Re-Marketing on websites by disabling marketing cookies in the cookie settings.
You can opt out of the use of Hotjar. Instructions are available at www.hotjar.com/opt-out.
Alternatively, you can prevent the use of Hotjar by disabling statistics cookies in the cookie settings.
(1.3) Twitter Inc., with headquarters at 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA (“Twitter” for short) provides plug-ins for website operators, which are used on some of our websites. The plug-ins are recognisable by the “Twitter-Tweet“ or “Follow” buttons. Pages with these plug-ins establish a direct connection to Twitter and transfer different data depending on your log-in status on Twitter. As a result, conclusions may possibly be drawn concerning use of our websites, which Twitter might use for its own purposes. The displayed plug-in content is on Twitter servers and is only displayed on our websites. We do not influence the purpose or scope of Twitter’s data collection or Twitter’s further processing thereof, nor can we access this information. More information on Twitter’s data protection regulations can be found at http://twitter.com/privacy.
(1.4) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA provides plug-ins that are used on some of our websites. Every visit to a page on our websites that contains LinkedIn functions establishes a connection to LinkedIn servers. LinkedIn is informed that the user has visited our website with your IP address. If the user clicks LinkedIn's "Like/Share" button and is logged into his LinkedIn account, LinkedIn can assign the user's visit to our website to him and his user account. We would like to point out that, as the provider of the websites, we have no knowledge of the content of the transferred data and its use by LinkedIn.
We are convinced that displaying personalised, interest-based advertising is generally of more interest to the user than advertising which has no such personal reference. The insertion of this advertising material on a third party website is based on a cookie technology and an analysis of previous usage behaviour. This form of advertising is completely anonymous. No personal data is stored and usage profiles are not merged with personal user data.